The process of direct email marketing (email direct marketing) including:
- Generate Traffic for your website,
- Encourage Visitors to sign up for newsletter,
- Create and sending promotional email or newsletter,
- Genetare sales or more traffic to your website.
Direct email marketing is a method of direct marketing which is using of electronic mail (email) as a means of communicating commercial messages to an audience. In other word, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered direct email marketing. Direct Email Marketing (Email Direct Marketing) is a marketing strategy to promote your product or service through the application of direct email communications. Direct Email Marketing represents the email you send to a customer, a prospect or public. Direct Email marketing is a tool for building relationships with both existing and potential customers.
In general direct email marketing (Email Direct Marketing) refers to:
- Sending direct promotional emails to new prospects or existing customers with the purpose to acquire or persuade new purchase or repeat purchase.
- Sending emails with the purpose to develop customer loyalty and enhance the customer relationship.
- Email sent by anyone with placing your marketing messages or advertisements in the email.
Direct Email Marketing is the electronic way of direct mail, newsletter and flyers.it is widely used because:
- Sending email is much more cost effective than most other forms of communication with your prospects and customers.
- Email lets you to deliver your message directly (unlike a website, where your prospects have to come to visit your website for the message) to your customers or prospects.
- Direct email marketing has proven extremely successful for those who do it right.
- Direct email marketing is highly targeted to your target group.
- Direct email marketing is customisable on a mass scale.
- Direct email marketing is completely measurable.
Direct email marketing is a tool for developing relationships with both existing and potential customers. It should maximise the retention and value of these customers, which should ultimately lead to greater profitability.
Let's take a look at a couple of types of Direct Email Marketing:
- Direct email - Direct email involves sending a promotional message in the form of an email. It might be an announcement of a special offer.
- Retention email - Instead of promotional email designed only to encourage the recipient to take action (buy something or sign-up for something), you might send out retention emails. Retention emails usually take the form of regular emails known as newsletters. A newsletter may carry promotional messages and advertisements, but will aim at developing a long-term impact to the readers. Newsletter should provide the readers with additional value, which means more than just sales messages. Newsletter should contain information which informs, entertains or otherwise benefits the readers.
A well prepared Direct Email Marketing (Email Direct Marketing) campaign will greatly help your overall bottom line. Direct Email Marketing is just one of the many tools we use to enhance your companies visibility to the public.
If you consider marketing as communicating with current and potential customers, you will see that every email that is sent from your organisation should be considered as part of your direct email marketing plan.
Emails including in your direct email marketing plan as following;
- Transaction emails: when you place an order, there will be a number of emails that you receive, from confirmation of your order, to notice of shipping.
- Newsletters: these are emails which are sent to provide information and keep customers informed. They do not necessarily carry an overt promotion, but instead ensure that a customer is in regular contact with the brand.
- Promotion emails: provide information about your promotion program.
- Communication with affiliates
- Emails to suppliers
All of the communication sent out can be used to convey your marketing message.Every touch point will market your organisation, products or services. However, here we will focus on commercial emails that is Direct Email (Promotional Email) and Retention Email (Newsletter).
History of Direct Email Marketing
Email is probably a necessity to you, but there was a time when there was no email! Today email is considered the backbone of all digital communications. Just like the printing press 500 years before it, email is an effective and efficient means of mass distribution. Email also provides an easy way to conduct personal one-on-one dialogue.
Email is a way of sending messages or data to other people means of computers connected together in a network. Email actually predates the Internet, and was first used as a way for users of the same computer to leave messages for each other all the way back in 1961. Ray Tomlinson is credited with creating the first network email application in the year of 1971. He initiated the use of the @ sign and the address structure that we use today (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email was used to send messages to computers on the same network, and is still used for this purpose today.
It was only in 1993 that large network service providers, such as America Online and Delphi, started to connect their proprietary email systems to the Internet. This began the large scale adoption of Internet email as a global standard. Coupled with standards that had been created in the preceding twenty years, the Internet allowed users on different networks to send each other messages.
The first email spam dates back to 1978. Spam is defined as unsolicited commercial or bulk email, and today is said to account for 80 to 85% of all email (Waters, 2008). Direct marketing has long played an integral part in marketing campaigns, but the high cost meant that only large companies were able to pursue this. However, with the growth of the Internet, and the use of email to market directly to consumers, marketers have found these costs dropping, and the effectiveness increasing. That is the born of direct email marketing.